Pipefittings are connectors of pipelines and are used in cases where the pipeline is bent, branched, its inside diameter needs to be changed, the pipeline is temporarily out of use and for other purposes.
Depending on their function, pipefittings fall into several types:
1) Pipe elbow: a pipefitting representing a part of a pipe bent at a certain angle and designed to provide a smooth change in the direction of a pipeline and the flow of the media.
2) Reducer: a pipefitting used to connect two pipes of different diameters. Depending on the design, reducers are divided into two types: concentric and eccentric.
3) Blind: a pipefitting designed to close the end of the pipe when there is no need to branch the pipe or to run the pipeline further.
4) Pipe tee: a T-shaped pipefitting with two outlets that allow for connection to additional branches from the main line. Depending on design, they fall into two types: equal tees (straight) and unequal tees (reduced).
5) Pipe cap: a pipefitting designed for tanks and containers.
Pipefittings are installed in two kinds of pipelines distinguished by their application conditions:
1) pipelines controlled by supervisory authorities;
2) the pipelines uncontrolled by supervisory authorities.
Pipefittings can be produced in accordance with the requirements of GOST, industrial standards, specifications and according to other regulatory documents and layouts:
- elbow type 2D is manufactured in accordance with GOST 30753;
- elbow type 3D is manufactured in accordance with GOST 17375;
- equal and unequal tees are manufactured in accordance with GOST 17376;
- concentric and eccentric reducers are manufactured in accordance with GOST 17378;
- pipe caps are manufactured in accordance with GOST 17379.
Pipefittings manufactured in accordance with the Technical Specification 102-488-95 ‘Fittings and connectors for main and flow lines capable of withstanding pressure up to 10 MPa (100 kgf/cm2) applied to the pipelines of JSC “Gazprom” and JSC “Transneft”’ are distinguished for their application in the above-mentioned companies.
Pipeline fittings are produced of various materials: carbon, alloy, heat-resistant and stainless steel, nonferrous alloys and polymeric materials. They can be seamed or seamless, with welded, flanged, screwed or compression end connections. In addition, they are distinguished according to their manufacturing method:
- forged and welded,
- cast and
- machined fittings.
PromArm supplies pipefittings manufactured in accordance with international standards DIN 2605, EN 10253, ANSI B169, ANSI B1628, etc.