Knife gate valve - a type of valve where the locking element is designed as a knife with a sharpened edge.
Knife gate valves are commonly used in such industrial branches as: pulp and paper, textile, food, mining, chemical industry, of housing and communal services (sewerage and waste water filtering). They are used at the pipelines with a high percent of abrasive particles in the working media.
Traditional gate valves have a design with a places where the remains of working media can be accumulated (so-called dead zones). Solids gathered there may affect the operational work of the gate valve. Knife gate valves, due to their design, do not have such drawback: they have a knife that comes out while opening, otherwise the sharp edge cuts through solids in the working media while closing that ensures tightness.
|Knife gate valves catalog||Knife gate valves inquiry form|
|Reference-list||Stem extensions for knife gate valves inquiry form|
Classifier of knife gate valves PA series
Knife gate valves consist of the following parts:
- cast one-piece body;
- gate in the form of a knife that moves inside the valve body;
- seat ring providing gate leak tightness;
- gland seal meant for hermetic sealing of the body from the ambient environment;
- yoke assembly that changes rotational movement of the actuator to translational movement of the knife.
A typical list of materials for a knife gate valve is as follows:
- body made of carbon steel,
- knife made of stainless steel,
- seat ring made of EPDM,
- gland seal made of PTFE.
However, different variants are possible according to the customer’s choice.
The main advantages of knife gate valves:
- much lesser construction lenght comparing to traditional gate valves;
- light weight;
- the repair of knife gate valve is possible without necessarity to dismount it.
Knife gate valves DN 100-600 mm are in stock in our warehouse.
You can contact us by the phone 7 (8412) 35-07-97 or e-mail: email@example.com to ask all technical questions and order products.